Friday, January 01, 2010

Erosion Art Bundle 2010 :-)

Who knew that gathering and bundling and hanging “stuff” outside for a few months could be so much fun! I am participating in the Erosion Bundle Project for 2010, which entails gathering items from the house/garage/art supplies/wherever you can find them, and bundling them together to hang outside to let the elements do what they will with them, and then creating an art project with the “remains” of whatever Mother Nature left for you!

We are supposed to hang them out starting January 1, 2010 and retrieve them on April 15, 2010, and have a finished art piece by August 1st.


My “stuff” included in my bundle:
Jute, blue and natural colored
Plumber’s strap
Silk leaves
Green macramé yarn
Rolled paper, green and natural
Leather piece
Metal heart
Blue/yellow/purple fluffy yarn
Lace, cream and white
Blue/green/purple material
Red/purple/yellow “point cards” from work (aka cardstock)
Denim pocket
Raffia
Copper wire
6 strips of homemade papers
Christmas wrap from Diva swap
Bingo cards
Puzzle pieces
Book
Mini Teddy Bear

And as an afterthought:
Canning lid ring
A different copper wire
Plain ol’ wire
Paint brush
Mat frame

I wrapped everything in and around the book with the yarns, and wires (hope I can get it off again!).


A close-up...
 
(Mini-Teddy looks kinda scared...LOL!)

And the top and bottom of the bundle...

   

Then I hung my bundle on the birdfeeder stand on the north side of our house. This’ll be great as I can see it from my kitchen window when it gets snowed on, rained on, and blown around! The sun may even hit it late in the afternoons.


 


So have at it, Mother Nature! And let’s make art come April!

12 comments:

Jean-activeimagination said...

I wonder what the birds are going to think of it once they come back north....lots of unique items in your bundle...it will be interesting to see how they..weather.

jackie said...

Di, you included some great items! I have gathered most of my stuff but you gave me some ideas! I look forward to watching the "erosion" process of your bundle!

Vicki said...

Won't it be cool if the birds pick at your bundle? It will make for some interesting erosion. But, dang....that snow! Ok, I didn't have that much in my imagination when you talked about it. Brrrrrr but it sure is pretty!

jan b. said...

It looks cool. I hope the birds don't leave a "calling card" on it. lol

jan

Lawendula said...

Ahhhhh the poor little Teddy! Rescue him!!! ;)

Kathy McElroy said...

Looks very cool. Can't wait to see it after nature has altered it. I need to get busy on mine.

joyce said...

i love how your bundle looks hanging there! the bundle itself is a beautiful piece of art.

BadPenny said...

that's a lot of fun. First I left mine unwrapped but saw some were wrapped so i used muslin - Oh well my first attempt & shall see what happens !

Joanne Huffman said...

Very cool choice of goodies in tour bundle.

Andi's English Attic said...

Am in the process of making up my bundles. I have some worry-dolls, kinda angry-looking and not pleasant, but still I can't bring myself to put them in the bundle. How can you have the heart to put a cute teddy in yours? Bet you rescue him before very long!!!! xx

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I wonder if the birds will interact with your bundle too? It will be interesting to see what happens as your bundle's so exposed. Mother Nature will have fun!

Deborah said...

I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out! I'm amazed at the variety of contents put together by participants!