Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Light of My Life


I am Sooooo proud of myself! Normally I use my Creative Memories Storybook Creator (and all its fun features) to create my digital art, but I have this nice graphics program (Paint Shop Pro Photo X2) that I paid good money for and yet, I have barely used half the features it offers! So today, (as if my Christmas tree is going to take itself down) I started playing around with my PSP and explored some of the features that I've seen others use (and have drooled over) and lo and behold! I DID IT! :-)

It took me all...day...long, literally - I think my butt is molded into this chair - but the above is the result. I used vector layer, and rastor layers, and beveled (which I've done before but I love the effect it gives!), and finally but finally figured out how you use shadows in this program, the only one of which I actually kept in the finished product is the text, but at least I know how to do it now!! I played with the paint brushes and textures, and I think I have a good handle now on "layers"! YIPPEE!

Anywhos...the original pic is one I got from Ava's mama in a photo session they did at home. This was one of my favorites - gotta love that smile of pure joy in the lights! She truly does light up MY life! :-)

NOW I can go to bed! :-)

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Di, this is a gorgeous piece!!!

Joanne Huffman said...

Di, this is fantastic! What a beautiful array of "Aspects of Ava."

Joanne

Kathy McElroy said...

This is great. I have Paint Shop Pro and love it. I may have to check this other out. Ava is just a doll.

Angela Hoffmann said...

it is gorgeous Di! great job..i love love the tiles!
and hey..i don't ever take my tree down until after the New Year anyway..so you can say that you are doing like your friend and keeping it up a bit longer this year.!! ha ha