Sunday, December 21, 2008

My Mantel-less Mantel

Not to mention I have no fireplace either, but that doesn't stop me from decorating the shelf above the TV like I would as if I had a mantel! (I had considered buying one of those DVDs that show a fireplace burning...:-)

The framed pictures showcase my family through the years - these were all pics used in Christmas cards/letters - starting with the first Christmas we spent in this house way back in 1986, when my baby girl was just over a year old. Ending with my grandbaby's first Christmas pic from last year. And this year, with Ava just over a year old, it feels like we've gone full circle! Not that we're stopping! Oh no! We'll just have to start that circle all over again!

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

I loved seeing your family Christmas photos. Your mantel-less mantel is a wonderful family showcase. And, your little 12 Days tree looks delightful.

Joanne