Friday, January 02, 2009

The Last of the Decorations

And as long as I've posted pics of my mantel-less mantel and my miniature house, I figure I may as well post pics of the rest of my Christmas display.

Starting with the dividers between the living/dining rooms, with my Santas on one side, and my version of an Ava Shrine! LOL! The snowglobe is new. I figure this will work as long as I have just "one" grandchild!

The stockings were hung on the divider with care, with the three "kids" on one side, and Ava's on the other.




The red and white table scarf was hand-crocheted by my mother as a present to me from last year. The little button tree on the sewing machine was made by me and Lindsey when she was a little girl.

The front door is home for the toy-stuffed stockings, though the mini Golden Book is getting somewhat faded. And the snowglobes - on a shelf my father made - is only a part of my collection. They have long since outgrown the shelf!


Just a couple of shelves hanging in the dining and living rooms. The "Believe" picture is what the front of our Christmas cards looked like.


And last but not least, Ava Bunny (from Build-A-Bear), who lives with Grammie, in her new Christmas duds, and our "official" new ornament of the year. Bet you can't guess who the little one in the ornament is supposed to be!! :-)


And that's the last of Christmas! Till next year....:-)

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

I love visiting your house for Christmas. I think my favorite is the mittens filled with toys. My advice on the favorite grandchild thing is that you get a "favorite" globe for each grandchild as they come along. Speaking of snow globes, great collection!

Joanne