Friday, August 07, 2009

Jessica Sprague Digital Online Class - Day 3, Create a Vintage, Hand-tinted Look

I think Day 3 has been my favorite so far. I love the vintage look this technique brings, and the depth it brings to the image. Added hand-tinting just adds to the wonderful overall vintage feel to the photo.



The first photo is one sent to me by Ava's Momma. It was just begging to be played with (the photo, not Ava, though she begs to be played with too...LOL) I used Jessica's techniques with no problem in PSP. Both programs are very similar in how they name/describe their tools and uses, though the tools are in different locations so I usually had to go looking for the right one! Which was good, actually. Made me explore my own program a bit more thoroughly than I normally would have.





The second photo is just a zoomed-in version of the one above, just because I could...;) and softened for a more dreamy effect.



No comments: