Monday, July 18, 2011

We "heart" Books Inchies!

My 3 1/2-year-old granddaughter (though she's nearly 4, but I'll call her 3 1/2 till the day of her birthday! LOL!) was visiting and watching me while I dusted the top of my piano where I display my Inchies. She asked what they were, so I told her, expecting her to have a "What, Grammie???" look on her face, so I was a little bit (but not totally) surprised when all she said was, "I want one!" 

So a brainstorm hit and I quickly grabbed a few things we would need to make an Inchie for her (and myself, in the process), and together we created these two Inchies for Monday's prompt, "Books."

"All by herself" she punched out paper hearts, and one flower, out of some old book pages that I'd colored a while back to use for quickie projects, such as this.

Then I dabbed a dot of glue on an old phone book page (they make great disposable workspaces) and she used a little paint brush to "paint" the glue onto the backs of the heart, and one flower. 

Then she glued them on two Inchies - one for her, and one for me. The idea being, "We <3 Books!"


And then she went off to play.... 
 

6 comments:

Kris said...

Super sweet Di!!

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I love the heart memory you have created with your darling little one!!! Awesome work! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Kathy McElroy said...

how adorable and priceless

Stampmaiden said...

Aw, what a darling story. And what a charming book you both created.

Joanne Huffman said...

Cutest inchie maker ever! Oh yeah, nice inchie, too.

jackie said...

That is just too sweet!! I cannot believe how much Ava has grown! She is as beautiful as ever!