Sunday, July 15, 2007

Feeding the muse, and the giraffe...



So it was one of those lazy summer afternoons, and I was home alone, so I decided it was high time I messed up my d
ining room table. I dragged out my art supplies and arted this page in my long-neglected altered book - Imaginary Gardens. Inspired from earlier this summer at a zoo where I fed a giraffe!

The book is actually titled "Imaginary Gardens" and is filled with these wonderful poems, stories, and photos, so I'm trying to preserve what I can when I work in the book. This poem on this page is "Where Mountain Lion Lay Down With Deer." Appropriate, I thought!

The little girl on the left page is actually a flap that lifts which shows this picture on the underside. :-)






5 comments:

Aileen said...

Beautiful job Di, I like that you made it interractive :-)

Anonymous said...

Di, I look forward to seeing what else you do in this book...and on this blog.
Joanne

Karen Owen said...

Very nice! I love giraffes. Keep blogging, Di!

Karen

Karen Campbell said...

I love your giraffe pages, Di!

Connie said...

Lovely pages, Di! Girraffes are pretty amazing animals!
Isn't blogging fun?
connie