Thursday, July 26, 2007

A Different Type of Bug

So I got nothing done today that I had planned, but my muse insisted on doing a page in my Imaginary Gardens book, so what's a person to do!!

"A Different Kind of Bug" refers to my well-loved Volkswagon (though he's been out of commission for some time). The red Volks on the page was an actual picture in the book, but I highlighted the palms (originally all in black) with gesso, and feathered the edges.

My goal was to use some supplies I've had on hand for eons, so I dug into my stash of RAKs and came across a couple of decorated 4x4 squares from a fellow Diva. Further digging into my overflowing collection found the paint cans on a branch (which I colored in as it was in boring brown tones), some games pieces, and the large gel ladybugs. Ladybug stickers complete the "Bingo!"

"Vinnie" - my VW - is a 1971, so I used a green bingo piece to cover the 19 on the card, and used two mini-dominoes (5+2, and the 1) for the year of my car.

It's a simple little piece, but I like the way it turned! :-) I wish I could get Vinnie all spiffed up as easily!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A bright and happy spread. It reflects how you feel about your little bug. Nice blog, Di!

Aileen said...

Di what a wonderful spread its so alive and colorful and I just LOVE those paint cans you colored in fabulous job!!! I think your muse had the right idea ;-)

Joanne Huffman said...

What a fun piece! Very nice composition, great colors. Makes me want to yell out "BINGO!"
Joanne