Wednesday, August 01, 2007

My Tish Stool


Entitled "My Tish Stool" because our white Persian, Tish, seems to think this is her stool. :-)

The stool itself was something my grandfather made decades ago while tinkering away in his garage. It was originally painted a "John Deere" type of green and was nearly tossed out when we went through my grandmother's things, dubbed as an item not likely to sell. Well, the packrat/sentamentalist/artist in me could not simply toss out this little stool created at my grandfather's hands! So I hauled it home and stared at it for a few months (part of the creating process...;) until I knew what role it was meant to play in its new home!

So I painted it black and used Tulip Colorpoint Paintstitching paints to create this faux cross-stitch look. The paint is simply little beads of paint in sem-straight ;) rows.

3 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

What a very cool stool; and, how neat that your grandfather built it. Very nice!
Joanne

Karen Campbell said...

Oh wow ... this is amazing, Di! I think this paint stitching is harder than it looks. I used to do this ... I can't tell you how many times I set my hand down in a wet row of stitches ... grrr! You did a terrific job on yours!

Aileen said...

Very cool Di!! I used some paints like those on a Sweatshirt once so I know how much work that is!! very very cool!