Friday, August 03, 2007

Revitalized Clock

Third post in three days! I really am on a roll! I think it's more trying to get things done before school starts back up because I know from past experience, once I get home from work that first month, I feel like doing nooooooooot-a-thing!!

So anyway, here is yesterday's little project. After the bathroom re-do, my cheap, plastic, maroon colored clock was just not cutting it. Maroon doesn't exactly go with yellow, blue, and green anyhows, but instead of just buying a new clock, I grabbed a can of white spray paint. Of course, that wasn't going to be good enough! :-)

So I painted the hands a nice sunny yellow (the yellow in my bathroom is not quite 'that' bright, being a softer hue, but it works for the clock), color-washed the original clock face with watercolors, and added the little girl and gave her wings printed on transparency, with "fresh" from a 1925 dictionary. Fitting, since my tub is a cast-iron, claw foot tub made in 1925. Happy coincidence!

Now I just have to hang the clock so we know how much time we have left in which to get ready!

5 comments:

Darya said...

Just Darling!

Darya

Joanne Huffman said...

What an adorable clock! You did a great job.
Joanne

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is wonderful, Di!
You really *are* on a roll!
shirley

Karen Owen said...

Ooh! I love it!

Karen

Anonymous said...

This clock idea is terrific, Di! How clever and there won't be another like it.