Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Flowers by Diane ;)


This isn't really a new art project. Rather revamping an old one, brightening it up a bit, inspired by Aileen's mailbox project! ;)

"Flowers by Diane" was a surprise from my husband, which he welded together at work. - TOTALLY(!) unexpected. I had originally painted it a solid green, but you can see by the bushes behind the sign that it blended in too much making it barely noticeable.

So it got a facelift today, in brighter colors! Blue to signify the sky. Green grass, and a "suggestion" of flowers (I hope that's what it looks like! LOL!) in red, yellow, and what was called "grape" but it didn't look very grapey. I went back and painted in a few "clouds," then decided it was too cloudy, so I grabbed my blue spray paint again!

Below is a close-up of "Flowers by Diane."

4 comments:

Kathy McElroy said...

What a very cool gift your husband made for you. It looks great with it's fresh coat of paint. Your yard is beautiful.

Aileen said...

Well how cool is that!! What a neat gift and I love the variety of colors it helps make it stand out too cool!! Thanks for the link to my blog :-)

Joanne Huffman said...

What a neat thing for your husband to do for you and what a great paint job! I love the clouds and I definitely see the hint of flowers.
Joanne

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this! What a special guy and he can weld cool metal things...ooo, how useful. Seriously, that's really nice. Much more thoughtful than a dozen roses!