Monday, February 21, 2011

It's just another "Cosmic" Monday :-)

Today's word is "cosmic." I experimented with alcohol inks because I love the way they flow into themselves. Clearly they wouldn't work on paper (though I stupidly tried to spray them with a sealant first and the inks soaked in anyway...hey, it was worth a shot!)

So there I was, sitting at my desk at work (shhh, they think I "work" there...LOL!), rifling through my desk, looking for something to ink up. Then I grabbed another cracker out of the baggie sitting on my desk and eyed the plastic bag itself...! Hmmm...

Long story short, yes, it worked! I then glued the inked plastic square onto a square inch of dictionary page, but I had to put a coat of gel medium over the top to keep the ink from rubbing off, and in the process lost a bit of the run effect, not to mention it dulled it a bit more than I would have liked. But I sprayed it with PYM to further seal it, and the gloss sort of came back so all was good! Thus, was born the background for my "cosmic" Inchie! :-)

6 comments:

jackie said...

Great process - would never have thought of using a plastic bag! Very cool inchie!

Joanne Huffman said...

love your cosmic inchie and think you're very clever to have used the cracker plastic. (By the way, alcohol inks work on glossy paper.)

Kris said...

Great inchie! Your mind was wide open for creativity! Love hearing how you processed that. A lesson for us all :)

Lululiz said...

I have never used alcohol inks, I love the effect you are achieving on a plastic bag!

Karen Owen said...

So cool! Love your serendipitous process. I see that Joanne already told you that glossy papers will work with alcohol inks.

Deborah said...

I love the colors!