Sunday, February 06, 2011

Holiday Altered Book Round Robin - 2011

What do you get when you add twelve artists from around the country, twelve books of varying origins (from rescued books saved from the discard pile, to hand-crafted books), with the twelve months of 2011?

You get a Holidays Altered Book Round Robin, and twelve months of incredible artwork as the books make their rounds to each of the twelve artists for at least one holiday spread per month. :-)

We all did January in our own books before mailing them off to their next home for the month.

The Cover for my Book
"Through the Year"
It's not totally finished as I didn't want to add any bulky embellishments so it'd be easier to work in the book.


 Sign-In Page, where the artist of the month can "check out" my book by signing their name on the library card.
 The list of artists (with full names obviously blurred out for privacy issues....;)
 The Calendar Page - listing possible holidays through the year. I tried to make it quilty-looking; not sure I got there or not! LOL!
 This page is just sort of an added bonus (for me, mostly! LOL!) I was just going to print a page of instruction/suggestions and stick it in the front of the book and call it good, but I found this quote and loved it! So I had to add a page, using techniques I learned in Tam's online class, Art, Heart, and Healing. I am pleased with how it turned out....:-)  Oh, and the pink "pocket" is some paper I made in the backyard last summer.
 My official "January" spread, reflecting my Word for the Year
"FOCUS"
I gesso'd the page black and added serendipity squares that I'd made, adding doodles and swirls with a gold pen.
 The back semi-finished back page: I just needed a envie of some sort in which to insert the tags I'd made to separate sections of the book into 12 months.
 And this is a snippet of the ribboned-off sections for each month.
Can't wait to see my book at the end of the year with months and months of holiday art, but plan to enjoy the journey along the way of working in eleven other books! Stay tuned....:-)

4 comments:

jackie said...

Your book is wonderful, Di!! I love the quilty look you achieved! You did a lot of work and it really looks nice! I can't wait to work in it!

Karen Owen said...

You did indeed achieve a quilty look! (So funny - when I first read it, I thought it was GUILTY!) Your book is so colorful, and I am looking forward to working in it.

Joanne Huffman said...

What a great beginning to your round robin!

Cathy said...

What an amazing book!!! I love it all, especially the way that you sectioned the book up & of course, your artsy pages!!!

Can't wait to see it all finished!