Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring Matchbox Swap

So I bought the larger sized matchbox I needed for this swap some time ago (actually, I bought 3, as they came in a pack of...), and then promptly lost all three. So I went back to the store to buy another package and emptied the matches out of the boxes. Do you have any idea how many matches those matchboxes hold??? If anyone needs a match, just holler...

Anyway, the idea was to art up a matchbox, then fill it with fun, little things that remind us of spring, then mail it to our swap partner. "Little," being the key word here, as they need to fit in the matchbox. 

Don't yellow and green just scream spring? :-)

There is one more little gifty that goes inside the box, but I'm not posting it just yet so it'll be a surprise to my swap partner.

Oh, and yes, I did find the original three boxes of match I thought I'd lost. As I said, if anyone needs a match....





Once all the little goodies were stuffed inside, the box
got really FAT! Hope it holds together okay in transit!


4 comments:

Kathy McElroy said...

Love it Di. Beautiful colors. It looks like you had fun.

Joanne Huffman said...

It certainly makes me think of spring. It looks great.

jan b. said...

Delightful! I used some of that loosely woven fiber "ribbon" on mine too.

Jo Ann Grissom said...

Beautiful! I love all your different flowers and that dragonfly! And all the goodies you filled it with, your swap partner will love it!