Sunday, March 06, 2011

"Dance" into Monday!

So this Inchie turned out completely different than what I had pictured in my brain, other than the little pink dancer which adorns it.

When this week's Every Inchie Monday word was "dance," I knew I'd found a use for the tiny ballerina charm that had come out of my daughter's stash of junque. :-) But the ribbon I had envisioned circling the edges of the Inchie wasn't going to happen. Mainly because I didn't have any lace, white or pink, tiny enough to accomplish this goal! And mostly because when I found the wider black lace in my shoebox full of bits of lace and ribbons, it just sort of jumped onto my Inchie and stuck there! LOL! The little beaded strip was part of a larger whole, but I cut off the fabric on either side to leave the beads, since that lace would have hidden the beautiful lacing beneath it. Add a few beads where the yarns attach and voila'! It was so easy I almost felt guilty at not spending more time on it! :-)

5 comments:

jackie said...

Just too adorable! I like the black lace better - it offers a nice contrast! Great job!

Karen Owen said...

This beautiful. And I also agree - love the black lace with the pink ballerina.

Joanne Huffman said...

I love this (I went with a ballerina theme, too - only slightly different).
Sometimes things fall together very quickly. Tghe black lace is perfect.

Kris said...

Pink ballerinas rule in my book!

Stampmaiden said...

I love the color play between the pink and black. Cool ballerina!