Monday, May 02, 2011

Holidays Altered Book Round Robin: April - Spring!

My April spread for Kathy's Holidays Altered Round Robin Book was "Spring." Or more precisely, the hopes of spring...seeing how my favorite season has proven to be a bit more elusive than usual. Emily Dickinson's poem kept running through my head, so I went with it!

The book was an old record album with pockets, that had been separated for ease of working in the book. We were to decorate one page, front and back, and got to make tags for the pockets. Looking at the pictures now, I almost feel I should have/could have made more than the two tags, but it looked "complete" at the time. Below is the front of my page, with the tags inside. I painted the background and used an old calendar page (for April, no less!) for the bird and other images on the page.

The back of the page:
And the tags....
 

The verse of Emily Dickinson's poem that inspired the spread....:-)
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all.

3 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

Nice spring spread, Di!

Kathy McElroy said...

I love it Di and the poem is beautiful. Thanks for doing such a lovely spread in my book.

Karen Owen said...

This is so pretty, Di! It reminds me of a spring garden party.