Sunday, May 22, 2011

A little bit of Solitude on Monday

Do you ever marvel at how some times you have to actually "think" (God forbid) when it comes to ideas, and other times the idea pops up before you knew you were even thinking it? Okay, so maybe not, but that's how the inspiration for this week's Every Inchie Monday word prompt hit me. The second, or maybe the instant before the second, I saw that this week's word was "solitude" I knew exactly what it was going to look like. Partly because I'd already done it.

Years ago (and I mean many years ago), when I was just a lass, I drew/sketched/painted a series of pictures of a little girl, usually around the farm where I had lived the better part of my childhood. Always alone. But not necessarily lonely. At least that's how I saw her then. Having dug out my stash of artwork from "way back when" I found my little girl and choose a piece which was actually complete. (Even then I had a nasty habit of starting a project and getting bored with it halfway through the process! LOL!)

This little girl was done in acrylics, from the looks of it, and I scanned it in, cropped, resized, and added the lettering.

And before you ask, or speculate, no, this little girl isn't me. Or at least I don't think so! Most of the little girls were blonde, and I am decidedly not! LOL!

"Solitude"
Unfortunately some of the detail got lost in the resizing/printing process
- not to mention the coloring is a bit off - so I also posted the scan itself.


The original scan

3 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

I really like your solitary little girl. I'd love to see your other drawings from this period of time.

Kris said...

Great drawing Di! A perfect choice for this week.

Karen Owen said...

This is so sweet and a little sad. I loved reading about how it came about.